We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

Los Gatos...
2 posts
Save Topic
overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

Please give me advise on where I should stay over night along roadside half way between Grand Canyon North Rim & Las Vegas when we return from North Rim to Las Vegas.

We are going to Grand Canyon North Rim in end of May. We were able to get hotel reservation at the North Rim Lodge for only one night. We will be driving from Las Vegas airport & arrive North Rm by 3-4 pm Thursday. We have to check out of Lodge next day, Friday. We will leave North Rim late in the afternoon after doing some sightseeing & hiking. We would be too tired to drive straight back to Las Vegas on Friday evening.

Is there a town half way between North Rim & Las Vegas that has few hotels that we could choose from?. Saturday, we like to play golf in Las Vegas before we catch 6:30pm flight. Also advise on golf course would be nice.

Thanks BJ

Edited: 09 February 2013, 16:07
Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
810 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

It all seemed very rushed. But I'd basically stay in Springdale outside Zion ... not that you'll have time to enjoy that ... Kanab, closer to the NR, or St. George, between Springdale and LV are additional options.

PS I'll be at the NR Lodge as well for a night at the end of May.

Edited: 09 February 2013, 17:30
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

I would stay in Springdale,but you will wish you added time for Zion.

There are nice golf courses in Hurricane, St George and Mesquite. All those towns have hotels.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,783 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

Kanab would be the first option. Hurricane or Springdale would be next, but as noted, if you go there you'll be regretting not planning time for Zion. St George would be next, and probably the place that offers the most options for lodging and dining.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,883 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

I'd plan on Kanab. That will allow you the most time in Grand Canyon. Spend the first day in the lodge area, sunset, sunrise, Bright Angel point, Transept trail etc. Then spend that second day driving over to Cape Royal and Point Imperial. We took all day to enjoy that section. You could take most of the day there and still make it to Kanab for the night. Some nice hotels there and good food at Rocking V.

Next day you would have time to drive through Zion, but then I'm not sure you'll get to LV in time for golf... so you'll have a choice there.

Los Gatos...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

Thank you everybody for advising us.

We will stay a night in Hurricane since we have been to Zion, Bryce canyon, Giant Canyon, & Grand Canyon South Rim before.

We will look into golf courses in St. George & Mesquite.

Thanks again.

6. Re: overnight stay between Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:16