We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road to Monument Valley

nova scotia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Road to Monument Valley

Planning on visiting GCNP and then leaving for Monument Valley. i heard the drive is about 3 to 4 hours. Could someone let me know the type and condition of the road we will be traveling on.

Was hoping it is in good condition with not many speed zones.

Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,747 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road to Monument Valley

All paved highway in very good condition. Quite desolate under normal conditions but expect heavier traffic this year due to the detour from Hwy89. Use your headlights, even in daylight hours.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road to Monument Valley

Good roads indeed. The drive into MV is a rough dirtroad and best to take a tour by a local outfitter and not drive yourself although I've seen many cars on that road. Often flat tires though.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
829 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road to Monument Valley

Most of it ruler straight and wide .- easy driving - but there's a speed limit everywhere - obviously!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Road to Monument Valley

Thanks

Really looking forward to touring around GCNP ,Monument Valley and maybe spent some time in Sedona .

5. Re: Road to Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 06:16