We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
166 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

My husband and I are interested in rafting from Lees Ferry and hiking out from Phantom Ranch but would prefer to overnight at Phantom Ranch. Any suggestions for rafting companies that offer this? Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,092 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

http://rivers-oceans.com/

Use this website. It's not about the best company to do the trip, it's a matter of which companies offer the option and when. Rivers-Oceans lists them all so you can compare every aspect of the trips. The site is run by a cooperative of rafters.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

I'm not sure that any of the rafting companies offer a "package" tour that includes a night at Phantom Ranch but I would start by asking Rivers and Oceans:

rivers-oceans.com/3-4-day-upper-motor/overvi…

ETA: OK, RR obviously types faster than I do! :)

Edited: 17 May 2013, 20:48
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

It was several years ago but I did exactly this trip with Canyoneers. They are still running it. I am not sure if any of the other companies have a similar offering but Rivers and Oceans is the best place to check.

This is the Canyoneers link.

canyoneers.com/pages/…UpperGrandPhantom

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

A early morning start "up the Trail" is a good Idea(with lots of water) If your planning to camp, a Park Service permit will be needed ...To stay at Phantom Ranch accommodation reservations are made with Xanterra ... carracar

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

Some companies do offer the option of an overnight at Phantom with the Upper Canyon trip, so no need to book Phantom separately ( which is almost impossible anyway). I saw one when I was researching raft trip options for someone else. It may have been Canyoneers but I can see if I can find it. Also Rivers and Oceans should be able to identify the outfitters who offer this option.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

Here is the link to the Canyoneers trip.

canyoneers.com/pages/…UpperGrandPhantom

7. Re: Best option to raft to Phantom Ranch, stay overnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 06:17