We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

Hi, We are going to be staying at the Bright Angel Rim cabins next June and just want to know if it is worth the extra dollars to get a cabin with a fireplace for cold evenings? Thanks in advance

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

Personally, I would say YES, it's worth it for the ambiance and the experience of it at the Grand Canyon.

Bring the fixins for S'mores!

Edited: 04 August 2013, 07:55
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,218 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

IMO it gets cool in the evening, but not that cool.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

Perhaps cyn could tell us the difference between "cool" and "cold" in Melbourne.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I have looked up what a s'more is Copper-JackRabbit I may just bring supplies! Ugyved2- you are quite right Melbourne does get cool but I like to be nice and warm in the winter - the heating doesn't go below 21c. I think we will book a fireplace as it is a bit of a novelty for us. Thanks again

Edited: 04 August 2013, 08:30
5. Re: Worthwhile having a fireplace in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18