We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
154 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Can anyone tell me if there are hair dryers in the rooms at the Yavapai Lodge? I can't find the info on the website and I want to pack as efficiently as possible.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,756 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Yes there are hair dryers there. You might find this hard to understand, but the odds are you won't need one. The high desert air will dry your hair in a few minutes.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
154 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Thanks, Red. You might find this hard to understand, but women like to style their hair as they dry it ;-) I appreciate your help.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 01:59
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

The air might be dry but it will be cold and you will freeze waiting for your hair to dry.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,756 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Trust me, I understand. I can also assure you that it really won't matter at the GCNP. My wife would argue in your favor, but she also admits that no one, even she herself, cares what her hair looks like up there. And I'm talking about a real princess.

Bottom line, you don't need to pack your own device.

Waterford
Level Contributor
154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

Lol, I'll be thrilled to remember a hair band to put it up!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

I was going to say the same thing-- your hair will dry fast! Style your hair??? what the heck does that mean? lol

MRP looks like a doll! She doesn't need to style her hair so that's kind of unfair! ;-)

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

As a gal with long hair, I find braids and a baseball cap to be my best friend while traveling in the parks! JMO :) But JIC (just in case) there are hair dryers at Yavapai

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
206 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

We stayed in an eastern room at Yapavai..there are hairdryers..although during our trip visiting arizona and utah parks i never used one once...hairband and cap/hat...especially if you are looking to get up for some sunrises..enjoy!

9. Re: Yavapai lodge, hair dryers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...