We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

We are planning a trip to your beautiful area in mid April next year. Two days at a ranch in Wickenburg; 3 days in Sedona, 2 in GC and then back to Phoenix for departure. Can you recommend a good place to eat lunch on our way from GC to Phoenix? My husband hates exiting the highway without knowing there will be a decent options. We tend to go for casual sit-down vs. fast food. Many thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Rock Springs Cafe is always a good bet. Food is OK, but they are famous for their pies. Avoid the meatloaf sandwich, though.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,090 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Rock Springs Cafe would be the most convenient to the interstate highway at exit 242 off I-17.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
485 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Rock Springs. Don't order a big meal of mediocre food. Something light and splurge on the pie! You are on vacation, after all!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Since you are spending time in Sedona, you will probably eat at the Coffee Pot. But if not, you could drive down Oak Creek Canyon for one last look at the red rocks and then eat there. If you get a late start from GC, you should check out all the great places to eat in Flagstaff. Adventuritis is our Flagstaff expert and she can tell you where to eat there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,090 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

If Oak Creek Canyon is the route and timing is right, choose to eat at the Deli at Indian Garden.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

Thank you everyone for good suggestions. I guess if I hike enough in Sedona and GC I can splurge on pie!

7. Re: GC to Phoenix - where to stop for a good, casual meal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:39