We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Visit

Ohio
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
October Visit

This will be our first visit to see the Grand Canyon, we're really excited to see it. We're flying into Phoenix to see friends for a few days, drive to GCNP to spend the night, drive to see Hoover Dam, then on to Las Vegas for a few days. We have rented a car already for the trip, have a room in LV, and already have a reservation in GCNP.

My question: is there somewhere near where we're staying that we can get a nice meal the night that we're in the park (Monday 10/14)? We're staying at the Yavapai Lodge. The day/night we're staying there is our 35th anniversary, so it would be worth mucho husband points if I can take her to a nice dinner! I understand the Park is not a culinary destination so I don't have real high expectations, but hope I will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for any tips you can offer.

Knuck

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Visit

Best dining room within 60 miles is right there inside the park at El Tovar. Call up to a month in advance since you are staying at a park hotel. So call today and book it.

Don't expect gourmet. But do expect an unforgettable experience.

The El Tovar will be closing at the end of this year for a renovation project. It will re open in the Spring

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Visit

I second El Tovar.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Visit

Really the only other choice would be the Arizona Room at Bright Angel Lodge. They do not take reservations, so if it is crowded in the park you will wait in line for a table. As said above, El Tovar is the best choice for a special meal--book it now. The food is good, and the location can't be beat.

Ohio
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Visit

Thanks for the advice. Booked it today!

Knuck

5. Re: October Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:18