We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to make alternate arrangements ?

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
342 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
When to make alternate arrangements ?

We are booked into El Tovar on 17th Oct- obviously if this govt situation continues we will not being going there but at what stage do I try and book somewhere else like Sedona, or other suggestions on here, to stay ?

I don't want to waste money on a booking we don't use but don't want to be stuck with nothing to do.

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When to make alternate arrangements ?

> > > > at what stage do I try and book somewhere else like Sedona . . .

No one knows, or can even guess with any degree of reliability. October 17 is another big deadline for Congress to pass the debt ceiling.

Your date is October 17. The longer you wait to book somewhere else, such as Sedona, the greater the possibility exists that there will be few, if any, accommodations available when you need them. Then, you will be stuck with nothing to do AND no where to sleep!

If you were to book something now (in Sedona, for example), I don't know how generous the cancellation policies are around Sedona and other nearby towns, especially in this government situation. Sedona is approaching their high season which is winter.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 16:47
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to make alternate arrangements ?

Book somewhere now that has a generous cancellation policy. I use booking.com As people realize they need alternatives, Sedona is filling up a little - but I think you can still find a great place if you book now.

3. Re: When to make alternate arrangements ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20