We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon to Page?

Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon to Page?

So glad to hear Az & Utah are able to open the parks! We will be in Bryce & Zion next weekend and then heading to the Grand Canyon on the 22nd for 2 nights. I just rechecked my google maps and it now says drive time between Page and Grand Canyon Village is 2 1/2 hrs.(not including stops) Is this correct? It looks like it has us driving on the new paved 89T. Is this new route marked well? Also, any insight into Az. keeping the park open longer than a week if the government is still not open? Thank you so much for all the information on these forums.

Waterford
Level Contributor
154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

Archie - keep an eye open. I read they are possibly only going to be open for a week

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

We can hope...but I think those of us planning to visit the week of Oct. 21 will have to keep our ears open!

http://www.nps.gov/shutdown/index.html

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,210 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

89T is open. Plan to drive it in daylight only

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

The rt 89T is open and a good road. Can only drive it during the daylight hours though so plan accordingly. It is marked!! Also, make sure you have enough gas to get from one end to the other!!

SJG

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

Via us89 (now closed) it is 2.5 hours to GC Village. Maybe a tad bit longer now but certainly not more than 3 hours for the drive without stops.

6. Re: Grand Canyon to Page?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...