We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GC from Phoenix back to sedona

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
GC from Phoenix back to sedona

I am traveling with my husband for our second babymoon to AZ mid Nov. We are flying into phoenix and plan to spend 2 nights there and then we are thinking of driving to the grand canyon and staying a night or two and then return to Sedona until we have to come back to phoenix for our flight. The last time we did this...we went to Sedona and then did a day trip to the GC which was wonderful but leaving at night made me nervous. I cant remember the route we took but it was for the most part a open road (pretty straight and safe going but too dark coming back). So for that reason we are thinking of spending a night at the GC. I really would appreciate some recommendation or accommodations...at both GC and Sedona. We has originally reserved at some high star place in Sedona but when we arrived and realized it was next to a safeway...I was quite disappointed. We called l'auberge and the gentleman actually recommended the Orchard Inn (their sister Inn) which was PERFECT!! The room was simple but the views from our balcony were spectacular which honestly is what we wanted and want this time too. I called them but it was actually double what we paid so before we settle on them I am looking for some suggestions.

I also am looking for a suggestion(s) for the GC? Simple, clean and of course breath taking views ;-)

Also anything that we should see/do out there in any of the 3 places mentioned? My brain is mush right now but we did go to some parks, a candle lit place, museums, but that was December last time we traveled...it was gorgeous! We loved our visit and that is why we decided to go again!!

Thanks for all your suggestion/recommendation and time to read and respond.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: GC from Phoenix back to sedona

yes phoenix is taken care of but still looking for sedona and GC

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: GC from Phoenix back to sedona

For the GC, do as RR suggested and call Xanterra right away, and try to reserve a room inside the GCNP. Any of the lodges will do, and are preferred over any room that is outside the park. Read the Top Questions on the GC forum for more detailed info.

Florida
Level Contributor
647 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: GC from Phoenix back to sedona

Last time we stayed at El Tovar at GC, but the 20-22 of this month we stayed in a Bright Angel Lodge rim cabin #6155 and you could lay in bed and look out at the fabulous view of the canyon. It was a very nice room and only $150. You might ask for a rim cabin with an even better view if there is one and or possibly a fireplace cabin. Many have written on TA that they really like the modern lodge rooms that also have fantastic canyon views between El Tovar and Bright Angel Lodge.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: GC from Phoenix back to sedona

I would like to keep my per night in Sedona at 200 tops...but prefer less as we have planned another entire family vacation to turks and caicos in December :-/

Thank you all for the GC info so far!

15. Re: GC from Phoenix back to sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:18