We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

We will be driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon on the 2nd sunday of December.

I wanted to know if there is any particular stop point that is a good break for dining/ coffee along our 10 hours drive. We plan to hit the road about 7am from LA and then find somewhere to eat along the way to stop for 2-3 times to rest for a while.

Thank you!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

10 hours is a bit long for that drive in good weather. 8-9 hours will be more like it. For a cup of coffee and food you can try Bagdad Cafe Newberry Springs and for lunch try Kingman. 2 stops will be plenty imo. Hopefully you'll be in Kingman before 1 pm. Seligman also is a place where you can have food and see some of R66

Tet

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,699 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

Stop in Kingman at Mr D'z or Seligman at Delgadillos Snow Cap.

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

Hi both, thank you so much, that gives us options and we can probably just get a sandwich to share from LA (See if anything is open at 7am!) and 2 coffees and i am keen to try baghdad cafe (even though i have not watched the movie...) and then we can maybe go to Kingman or Seligman or flagstaff for ice cream or coffee. Thank you so much. Looking forward to taking photos of some route 66 stuff.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

Have a great trip and please tell us how it all went.

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

thank you so much, i will!

6. Re: Driving 10 hours from LA to Grand Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...