We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kachina Lodge and El Tovar Dining

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,773 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Kachina Lodge and El Tovar Dining

Just in case anyone is wondering...

A couple times I tried to make advance dinner reservations for El Tovar for my August trip...Each time I was told you have to call back 30 days before the trip. Fair enough.

I counted backwards to 30 days exactly then called....I told the reservationist I had been counting the days to finally make this reservation. She was very nice and asked me where I was staying. I told her Kachina and she told me I could have made the reservation up to six months in advance.

It would have been nice if the other reservationists had not been so short with me when I called and just told me to call back later.

Anyway this reservationist, Patricia, was very helpful and she gets an A in my book. And yes, we got the time and date we wanted to boot.

Mentioned in this post
El Tovar Hotel
El Tovar Hotel
3,150 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Kachina Lodge
Kachina Lodge
979 Reviews
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,618 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 45-Minute Helicopter...
528 Reviews
from US$276.99*
US$299.00
Grand Canyon and Sedona Deluxe...
625 Reviews
from US$179.29*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
402 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
746 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kachina Lodge and El Tovar Dining

Voyagereuse, did you by chance request a table by a window? If not, I suggest you do so. If I remember correctly, the only windows are on one end of the dining room, so a table in that area is a great location.

Do you know the history of Harvey Houses and that El Tovar was a Harvey House?

Mentioned in this post
El Tovar Hotel
El Tovar Hotel
3,150 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kachina Lodge and El Tovar Dining

unfortunately, this is fairly typical of the service level at the south rim (same goes for Williams).

Try staying in Sedona or Flagstaff for higher levels of service.

Mentioned in this post
Williams
Williams
Arizona
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
3. Re: Kachina Lodge and El Tovar Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 16:17