We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

wayne,nj
Level Contributor
194 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

Will be leaving Page around 3pm and would like to stop for the night around 6 pm before continuing to rt 66 and vegas the next day..

without going to far off track where do you recommending staying for the night. 6 pm - 11am.

Ideally a nice hotel/resort to relax , dine , enjoy views/pool and unwind from the busy morning in Page is what we're looking for... I looked into Sedona but any other options?

thanks

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,419 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

Well, the obvious place 3 hours from Page enroute to Route 66 is GCNP South Rim, which you asked about driving through in another thread. Return the way you left, via the east entrance. You might be able to catch sunset at one of the eastern viewpoints.

Book a room in one of the lodges in the Park. No pools but peaceful and relaxing. Have dinner at El Tovar (reservations recommended.)

www.grandcanyonlodges.com

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

If you don't want to drive back to GC you could stay Flagstaff. Our favorite place there is Little America Hotel. In terms of driving R66 there's nothing between Flagstaff and Williams once out of Flag other than interstate.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

Considering you would only have 1.5 hours at the GC on your first drive-by, then I agree with DTF - spend a night at the South Rim, for sure. It would allow you to see sunset and sunrise, and explore the Canyon, museums, and viewpoints a bit more. If you want views, GC has them! :) A nice way to spend the evening would be to have dinner at El Tovar, and perhaps relax on the porch of the hotel.

There are really no "resorts" on your route. Sedona is out of your way, and a rather long drive from Page. There are several nice hotels and B&Bs in Flag, but overall, considering your itinerary, I think the best option is to stay at the GCNP. Try to get a room inside the park, which is preferable. www.xanterra.com Otherwise, try for a hotel in Tusayan.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 22:31
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

Don't get me wrong. I certainly would recommend a stay inside GCNP in the first place.

wayne,nj
Level Contributor
194 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

thanks for the advice... looks like that date is sold out in GCNP... would have been nice to stay at El Tovar! ...it looks like I have some options and can visit GCNP twice if needed to /from Page.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,419 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

I think I read that your trip is sometime this May? Give Xanterra a call directly for GCNP lodge cancellations (888-297-2757). It may take a few calls but chances are good that you'll be able to get a room. It really doesn't have to be El Tovar; all the lodges are fine and within walking distance to the main Village area and the rim. There is also a convenient shuttle system within the Village.

7. Re: page to vegas - where to stop? hotel/resort / eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16