We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

My son and I are leaving in 2 weeks for a hike down to Phantom Ranch and stay overnight in the dorm. When we hike back, we're planning to leave very early (4am) up Bright Angel Trail and hope to be at the top around noon and then drive to Las Vegas.

I know there are coin operated showers at Mather Campground, but wondering if you can use the showers without staying at the campground. I thought a shower would be good before driving 5 hours to Vegas!

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

I believe you can...we did 2 years ago after asking and there was no problem!

Just make sure you have plenty of coins though! I think it was around 3-4 minutes per .50!!

SJG

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,883 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

Yes, anyone can use the showers. We were staying at Yavapai the night after our hike and my nephew didn't even want to wait till the room was available... So he used the campground showers, not a problem. You may have a short wait, and definitely need those coins.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

Thanks so much to both of you! We will make sure we have lots of quarters ready.

Getting very excited for our hike! We did the hike to Havasu falls a few years and looking forward to not having to carry big backpacks with tents, cooking gear, etc.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

Agreeing with the above. Also, make sure you bring a bag or something to hang up your dry clothes in. The showers do have benches, but they are usually pretty wet. The showers have hooks to hang things.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

I always bring quarters ($2 for 8 minutes) but the office will make change. Bring soap and a towel.

6. Re: Use of showers without staying at Mather Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17