We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
499 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

I wanted to stay 2 nights in GCNP - I got reservation for the first night at Maswick lodge but second night was not available so I grabbed Yavapai Lodge. Is this doable? I know we will have to check out and keep the luggage in the car and it will be a hassle. Has anyone done this?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

Yes doable, but keep checking for cancellations so you can stay at the same place, and ask when you check in, they may have a cancellation that day!. Also call for more updated availability.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,097 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

I literally just did the same the past 2 nights, but in reverse. Wednesday night Yavapai, Thursday at Maswik.No real issues. Always worth checking for cancellations, which didn't happen for my group. Not too much of a hassle, just took 5 minutes to pack up at Yavapai, we went about our day and spent 15 more minutes checking in again late afternoon at Maswik before heading out again.

ontario
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

I'm confirming that persistance really does pay off in getting the room you want. I've had a reservation at Yavapai for a few months now which I was perfectly fine with. But as the date for our trip gets closer (we'll be there in a week!), the more I wished I was staying at the rim. Following Trip Advisor advice, I called every day for the last 3 days and tonight was successful in switching to the Thunderbird! You just have to be willing to wait on hold for at least half hour.... totally worth it! So excited!

South West England...
Level Contributor
254 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

Is it better to stay at Thunderbird as I am booked a Yavapai and you've got me thinking

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

@wave2wave, Thunderbird has the advantage of being right at the rim, in the main part of the Village, so convenient to all the restaurants, shops, etc. Yavapai is a short walk from the rim, in the woods, so quieter, and easier access, parking, etc.

6. Re: One night at Maswick and One at Yavapai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17