We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to grand canyon

Kochi (Cochin...
10 posts
Save Topic
first time to grand canyon

My husband and i will be doing a day trip from vegas to the canyons. we have taken a tour which includes

(cut copy from the site)

1. Day trip to the Grand Canyon West Rim by coach from Las Vegas

2. 15-minute Hoover Dam from the pedestrian walkway

3. Ticket to the Grand Canyon Skywalk

4. scenic views over the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point and Guano Point

Eagle Point Indian Village - explore Native American history and culture with replica dwellings and performances of traditional dance

Hualapai Ranch Wild West show

Lunch at the Hualapai Buffet, Cowboy Cookout

Spectacular views over the Colorado River at Guano Point and panoramic views of the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point

5.helicopter flight to the floor of the Grand Canyon. You will be flown 4,000 feet to the base of the Canyon where you will board a pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River.

this tour includes pick n drop from hotel.

would you suggest i take this or are there better options for planning a day trip to the canyons.

Kochi (Cochin...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to grand canyon

i have been reading up and it seems the south rim is what we should be visiting. are there any recomended day tours which include the south rim? which one would be advisable for a first timer.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to grand canyon

Yes, I also suggest to go to Grand Canyon NP but if you can stay overnight for sunset and sunrise. Here's a tourcompany that does overnight tours:

www.grandcanyontourcompany.com/nightbus.htm

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to grand canyon

Grand-adventures.com

also does a day trip to the South Rim. It's a long day but doable. My neighbor did this last year with her sister. They were picked up at their hotel, drove to the Canyon, had lunch along the way, had 3 hours guided tour of the canyon, then started back. Stopped in Kingman AZ for dinner and were back to hotel by 9pm. It was the only way they could figure out how to do it as neither one of them were willing to drive on their own.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,779 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to grand canyon

The tour you have planned is NOT a Grand Canyon experience. Do your research and book a tour to the Grand Canyon National Park at the south rim. Grand Adventures and Pink Jeep get high marks. Better yet, drive yourselves and stay over night at one of the park lodges.

Read the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page.

5. Re: first time to grand canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...