We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert View Drive time needed

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Desert View Drive time needed

Hi,

Mid September I'll be leaving Page at 2:30pm and I'll be driving to Grand Canyon. I estimate I'll be at Desert View at 4:30pm. I looked up the sunset times for September and that would be around 7pm. Do I have enough time between 4:30pm (maybe 5pm) and 7pm to visit Desert View and have a stop at all the stops on Desert View Drive?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert View Drive time needed

I wouldn't worry. Even if you're a little late leaving Page, you can enjoy the sunset at one of the viewponts. You have about 30 minutes of twilight after the official "sunset" time, before it starts getting really dark. Just be careful driving at dusk and keep a good eye out for wildlife.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,747 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert View Drive time needed

Agreeing. You'll enjoy the setting sun as you travel westward along the rim. Take your time. Be careful of wildlife on the road.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert View Drive time needed

Okay, then I'll have time enough. Thank you both for your feedback!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert View Drive time needed

Those trips always take longer than planned. I mean prob you'll want something to eat after AC and Cameron Trading Post will be a great place but that adds time of course. There's lso a cafe at Desert View.

5. Re: Desert View Drive time needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16