We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

i know this is a long shot.............we will be in g. can for 2 nights in late jan

my son age 24 and his mate will be with us for the trip

are there such thing as 'bars' for drinks etc.........rather than sitting in an eating place.............

the canyon star saloon i thought would be ok but its got real bad reviews

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

Where are you staying?

There are a couple of bars at the Grand Canyon. I don't know if they'll open late though. I recall reading about a Sports Bar at the Maswik Lodge before my trip (last February) but we never made in there on our two-night stay at the GC.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

we are staying 2 nights kachina lodge = thurs/fri night end of jan

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

There is a small bar in the Bright Angel Lodge, off the lobby. We just had a beer but I believe there was a small menu of typical bar food.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

thanks for this

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,591 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

there's not going to anything resembling a pub in the gc. there are drinks available but that's about it. if you are looking for atmosphere you are going to have to venture out of the park to tusayan, williams or flagstaff.

Grand Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

You wouldn't want to miss the murals in the Bright Angel Lodge. Might as well pop in and decide. They sometimes have live entertainment (folk singer types) in the evenings. There's that, El Tovar's lounge looks out over the rim, and the Maswik Sports Bar already mentioned. Info is at www.grandcanyonlodges.com

7. Re: drinks/bars etc for 24/25 yr olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 16:21