We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking suggestions

Watertown, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking suggestions

I will be visiting Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Glacier in August with my parents and sister. We will have two full days and one half day to hike in the Tetons. Some hikes that I have been considering include: Two Ocean Lake, Jenny Lake up to Inspiration Point, String and Leigh Lake, and Bradley and Taggart Lakes.

Has anyone done these hikes? Are there any other hikes that you would suggest?

My parents could handle about 6-10 miles a day depending on the elevation gain. Any more than that would be too much... especially since we have about 70 miles of hiking planned for Yellowstone and Glacier!

Thanks for the help!

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking suggestions

while your hiking to inspiration point i always enjoy going on up cascade canyon. you can make it as long as you like. i usually go up to where the trail splits. you can do the full circle but that's a pretty long day.

it sounds like you are going to hike a lot in the jenny lake area. i would suggest also hhiking mt. washburn which gives you a great view of the grand canyon of yellowstone & a good deal of the eastern side of the park. i think it's about 6 miles rt.

also, do one of the canyon hikes. all are great & you can go short or long at either rim. the elephant back hike close to lake yellowstone hotel is a good one as is the storm point hike.

have you been to glaicer before? if not, i can give you a bunch of options there. we leave for gnp on 7/16 & make our way down to ynp after 4 days.

2. Re: Hiking suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 06:21