We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White water rafting??

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
White water rafting??

We will be there in July and want to go white water rfting for the first time. I've been doing a lot of reading on the companies there but cant decide which one to go with. Any suggestions on how to pick?? I'm assuming they all go down the same area of Snake River. I know some have different times to chose from. Also for first timers, any suggeestions??

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,993 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White water rafting??

Our family did a scenic float trip- we used Barker-Ewing and they were great!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White water rafting??

thnaks....

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White water rafting??

I did a scenic float with Solitude. Great front office people, very knowledgable guide, awesome scenery, but I wished I had taken the whitewater trip. A float trip is leisurely, there is time to converse with the others on your trip and to ask the guide questions, but it floats...which is not really what I wanted to do.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: White water rafting??

I too would love some info on whitewater trips. Thanks a lot.

Novato, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White water rafting??

Our family will be in Grand Teton National Park the last week of July, 2010. With about eight white water rafing operators I too am trying to deceide on which one to go with, Any suggestions would be helpful in addtion to any questions that we should be asking.

Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White water rafting??

We booked a package with Dave Hansen and got a chuckwagon dinner with Castagno. We are going on the 16mile - float and whitewater trip. I talked to their rep on the phone - very imformative! Good luck!

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: White water rafting??

We're going with Dave Hansen too as they gave us a Military Discount. Really looking forward to the float.

Charlie

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: White water rafting??

We used Solitude for a float trip and they were great...but..you asked about white water, which is very different from a float trip on calm waters..so, I have heard read that Dave Hansen's outfit does a great job with white water rafting, which would be south of GTNP. Here is their website if you want to check it out..

http://www.davehansenwhitewater.com/

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: White water rafting??

did you ask any others for a military discount? We are military.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: White water rafting??

Yes Lori I did ask others via email and besides Dave Hansen I heard back from MadRiver, who also offered a military discount. I'm sure if you just ask any of the companies when making reservations they'll do likewise. I am very grateful for them doing so. Take care.

Charlie