We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge?

Iowa
Level Contributor
303 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge?

Any suggestions of places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge? We will have hiking clothes only with us, so don't want anything too "upscale" with a dress code. Anything within a 30 minute drive would be great. Thanks!

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge?

Everyone else has hiking clothes on too. Jackson Lake Lodge is good. They have a fancy dining room but we normally eat in the bar. Signal Mountain also has a restaurant. Looked good on their web site but we haven't eaten there.

Colter Bay, Signal Mountain and Jackson Lake Lodge are all pretty close together.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
624 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge?

The Trapper Grill at Signal Mt. has seating inside and outside on the deck overlooking the beautiful lake. The food was very good to me. Had late afternoon appetizers, drinks and a burger out on the deck....awesome! And the view....amazing. I did not eat in the restaurant I think it is called Peaks Restaurant, but I talked to others who gave it a good review. These are actually 2 seperate places side by side. The restaurant has more upscale, but not fancy dining.

Try the pizza place up at Leek's Marina. It is popular with the locals from what I have read. Look at the park map, it is just up the road from Colter Bay. I have read great reviews for this place and I believe it is open 1100-til 10 pm. They serve pizza, calzone, pasta, and sandwichwes, and beer. I rode up to the area on my last trip to the tetons, but it wasn't meal time for me. :(((( It's on the list to eat at this year! The marina was very pretty.

I've read the food was also pretty good at Colter Bay. I haven't eaten there, but I researched their restaurants this morning on the web site for Grand Teton Lodge Company because I will be staying at Signal Mountain 3 nights and Colter Bay 1 night in August. See below and you can access the menus for the different area lodging.

http://www.gtlc.com/dining/index.aspx

Hope this helps.

P.S. I did visit the grocery store at Colter Bay several times and it is very nice. It has a deli and also serves chili out of a big crock pot that wasn't bad at all. I also picked up some unfrozen microwavable breakfast sandwiches at the deli here that were very good (sausage and egg on a english muffin). They also sell individual Dove ice cream bars for that late night ice cream craving. :)))))

3. Re: Places to eat near Signal Mt. Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:28