We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

Heading north to Yellowstone from Jackson, I'd like to take Hwy 191 along the Snake River one way and then the Teton Park Road a few days later on my return to Jackson. Which of the seven scenic turnouts listed on the map along the Snake would provide the best photo ops? Will the lighting be okay around 8 in the morning? I just have a point and shoot with a good optical zoom and don't want to spend more than a few minutes at any of the turnouts since we have to tour the Old Faithful area and be in Cody by that night.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

They are pretty close together, I'd just decide while en route. Or simply stop at each, take photos and move one.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

One other thing. You should take pictures of the Moulten (sp?) Barn. Here's a link to an itinerary for the Tetons we put together. Look at the first three paragraphs and it will tell you where the barn is. You get the very cool barn with the Tetons in the background.

alandsuejohnson.com/tetons_itinerary_jackson…

Edited: 08 July 2010, 21:43
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

The cathedral group will appear more dramatic from the more southerly vantage points along the road - though none of the spots are bad.

Hopefully you also have a good wide angle lens for these pictures.

Level Contributor
1,438 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

Al and Sue - Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great itinerary for a visit to Grand Teton National Park.

I generally love to plan for our trips....but in this case, we will only have one day in Wyoming and I haven't been able to focus on what to do for our one day. Your itinerary solved the problem. Like you, I love to photograph beautiful scenery and your day provides plenty of opportunities. We're also hoping to see some moose - you told us where we might see some.

Thanks for all your help.

5. Re: Best scenic turnouts on Hwy 191 in the Tetons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:16