We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

Hi all,

We are planning our honeymoon for Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in Early Oct. 2012. I had my heart set on staying at Jackson Lake Lodge but they are closing on Sep. 30th next year. . I love Jackson Lake because you can sit out back and look for animals and watch the sunsets and such aka pretty romantic to a wildlife biologist ;). I was wondering if you had any suggestions for something similar?

I noticed signal mnt is open til the 10/15. Any experiences there?

Thanks so much!

jackson, miss
Level Contributor
789 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

I love Signal Mountain, actually more than Jackson Lake Lodge. In October, they will run a special that gives you 30% off if you are a Grand Teton Foundation member ($50). I love being a member and love the discount that comes with it. The Lakefront retreats have great views, but you share a porch with your neighbor, which will probably not be a problem in October. They also have a cabin with a fireplace if you want some romance. Cabins are basic and rustic--don't go there looking for luxury or you will be very disappointed, but I love it. I have also stayed at the Rustic Inn on the north side of Jackson if you decide to stay outside the park--it was quite lovely.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

I think Jenny Lake is closed as well which would have been the best alternative for a wedding night. Your best bet is Signal Mountain Lodge. It will still be rustic but the reviews will give you a good idea of what to expect. You can upgrade to have a nice cabin - why not splurge - it is your honeymoon? Unless you expect the Four Seasons, I can't imagine you will be disappointed. The cost unfortunately comes with the limited availability of where you can stay in the park. You are paying for location, not amenities. There are limited options and they want to provide a nice stay, but it is a roof over your head or more depending on how much you want to spend. You are sort of trapped in that regard. But on the flip side, they try to do as much to make it worth your $$. Remember that the roads are closed during the winter so their option to upgrade/renovate are limited.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

I cannot imagine that a wildlife biologist would be disappointed with a cabin at Signal Mountain.

Edited: 28 October 2011, 05:16
4. Re: October 2012 Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:17