We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
419 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

We are staying tomorrow night in Jackson. I'd like to visit Mormon Row the following morning for better photography light before heading on to Jenny Lake for the shuttle and hike to Inspiration.

What is the better route? Just up the highway until I get to the Antelope Flats road or can/should I take Gros Ventre to Mormon Row?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

>Just up the highway until I get to the Antelope Flats road

This route to take you to the north end of Mormon Row and to the Moulton Barn.

>can/should I take Gros Ventre to Mormon Row?

Yes, you can. This route will take you to the south end of Mormon Row.

You can drive Mormon Row from one end to the other (either north or south), but we warned that the road is rutted and can contain large muddy patches.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
419 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

TB- which route would you take?

I guess I'm trying to figure if taking the Gros V route would lend itself to a different view point- one that was "worth" it or just take the highway (which we will travel back down on about 4 more occasions).

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

I'd go up 89 (the main route north) and then right on Antelope Flats Rd. At the intersection with Mormon Row, you'll see the Moulton Barn. I don't know beans about taking pictures, but a lot of folks seem to like that area for picture taking. Then, if that's not enough, you can drive farther east on Antelope Flats Rd or head south on Mormon Row, or both.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
419 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

Thanks a lot! I'll take 89.

5. Re: From Jackson, Gros Ventre Road or 89N to Mormon Row?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Teton National...