We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding in GTNP

Newton...
Level Contributor
182 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding in GTNP

DH and I are experienced riders but haven't ridden in several years. We are looking for a 1or 2-hour ride in the GTNP with lovely scenery. Would like a smaller group, trotting/loping, crossing creeks etc. Can anyone recommend a good outfit?

We will be driving down from Canyon in YNP to Jackson, staying in Jackson overnight, and would like to ride sometime during the day. This would be in late August. Thanks!

Edited: 13 July 2013, 02:14
Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding in GTNP

Inside GTNP, try the rides that leave from Jackson Lake Lodge. Those are pretty scenic, although I'm not sure about water crossings.

Newton...
Level Contributor
182 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horseback riding in GTNP

Thanks Teton Bill. I'll check them out.

3. Re: horseback riding in GTNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Teton National...