We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Grand Teton

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Grand Teton

I will be staying in Grand Teton for one night after spending 7 nights in YNP. What are the best things to cover in one day/night. Also to bear in mind that will be travelling toward Teton from Gardiner on the same day we have to see everything. Any ideas and tips would be welcome. Thanks

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Grand Teton

> bear in mind that will be travelling toward Teton from Gardiner on the same day we have to see everything.

Can you clarify we have to see everything? Do you mean in GTNP because you have already been in YNP for 7 days. I think you do, but you have a good 3 hour plus drive first.

If GTNP, there is no way to see "everything" so your interests and ability level could be helpful in suggestions. My first stop would be to the right hand side of the page - best activities for a short visit, summer activities in Jackson Hole, and best day hikes if you are interested in hiking.

If you have no intention of visiting the town of Jackson, then you can leave out that FAQ; however, given its close proximity to GTNP, a lot of people like to incorporate Jackson opportunities into their itinerary.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 01:20
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
814 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Grand Teton

You do not have much time for this beautiful park but you may want to get up for sunrise and check out oxbow bend. We had an amazing sunrise from that location and it was one of the highlights of our trip. If you have any time for a hike, check out taggart lake. It was beautiful.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,138 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Grand Teton

Oxbow bend, Morman Row and Snake River overlooks are just a few of the things that I would want to see in the Tetons.

4. Re: One night in Grand Teton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17