We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner float trip from Jackson lake, staying in Jackson?

Boston...
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
dinner float trip from Jackson lake, staying in Jackson?

We will be spending 2.5 days in the park in late August, staying in the 49'er Quality Inn in Jackson. I would like to take a dinner float trip with GTNP, gtlc.com/activities/outdoor-fun-floats.aspx. I called them, and the meeting place is Jackson Lake. So if we do this, we'll be driving back to Jackson after 8:30pm. Is it possible at all? Or would you strongly advise not to? The lodges in the park have availability, but they are about $100 more/day without breakfast.

Thank you!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner float trip from Jackson lake, staying in Jackson?

It's best not to drive in the park after dark, but you should be ok if you slow down and keep a sharp lookout for animals. Speed limit will be 45mph.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
502 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner float trip from Jackson lake, staying in Jackson?

You can get a cabin at Colter Bay Village for less than $140 per night through Travelocity. And the deal includes breakfast. I also used a coupon code (now expired) to being the cost down more. You may be able to find one that is valid.

3. Re: dinner float trip from Jackson lake, staying in Jackson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17