We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guest Ranch recommendations? W/out horses being #1 activity?

Virginia
Level Contributor
57 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Guest Ranch recommendations? W/out horses being #1 activity?

So many I have seen seem to revolve around horses. Although we don't mind horses - it is not the only thing we want to do. Trying to find something with lots of activities. We like upscale versus rustic - but not trying to empty our saving account. Anyone have any well-prices recommendations?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guest Ranch recommendations? W/out horses being #1 activity?

If you're looking in Jackson Hole, I'd suggest you consider Lost Creek, which bills itself as both a guest ranch and spa.

http://lostcreek.com/

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guest Ranch recommendations? W/out horses being #1 activity?

I was going to suggest the same as Teton Bill. However, an upscale ranch stay would be much more expensive than a " rustic experience". Upscale and affordable do not go hand in hand in Jackson. Perhaps after visiting their rates, you'll find it approachable and within your budget. I have not stayed there, but I have had the opportunity to work for someone when they were skeet shooting - it is a quite a wonderful property - well kept, with glorious views. FYI, If you watch Modern Family, the premiere in 2011 was filmed at their Ranch.

On another note, I'm not sure what your idea of rustic is - but all of the guest ranches around Jackson strike me as more than a rustic experience by way of the amenities, food and service. I don't think you can go wrong. Perhaps focus more on a stay that isn't "structured" incorporating daily horseback rides into your activities.

3. Re: Guest Ranch recommendations? W/out horses being #1 activity?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19