We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

any recommendations?

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

I would go over Togwotee Pass and take in the fabulous Southern Absaroka and Eastern Wind Rivers. I blelieve that with 200' Red Clay Badland Cliffs giving way to the largest Glaciers outside of Oregon that this is the most varied landscape of the Rocky Mountain West and unequiviocally the most underrated if not best of GYE Gateways. I'd then head for Riverton and then take Sand Draw Rim to Sweetwater Station. Take in one last great view of the Southern End of Greater Yellowstone on the Rim. Go to Saratoga, drive Snowy Range Scenic Byway to Laramie and then 287 to Fort Collins

Going south from Saratoga Colorado's Gore Range is awesome, especially if you have the vehicle to drive Williams Peak and take in the view.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,670 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

Most scenic to me is to go from GTNP to Lander (stop for lunch at Gannett Grill for great hamburgers- best I've had) then head toward Rawlins/Saratoga and take the Snowy Range Scenic Byway to Laramie then on 287 to Fort Collins.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

The most scenic would be to drive down to Steamboat Springs & then take the scenic Trail Ridge Rd through Rocky Mountain National Park to Estes Park, then to Denver.

If you have the time, that is.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60945-d19…

4. Re: Most Scenic drive from GTNP to Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Teton National...