We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

It appears that there are no fire rings at Colter Bay Village RV Park. We love making smores...and since we are moving on to Fishing Bridge RV Park after CB...it appears our family will not have the opportunity to make smores on this trip unless an insider knows something we do not know...

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

In Yellowstone, unless there is a fire ban due to wildfires, you can build a fire in a fire grate only at picnic areas that have fire grates:

www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/picnic.htm

Or you could do what a lot of RVers do, change your reservation from Fishing Bridge to one of the reservation campgrounds in Yellowstone (Canyon, Madison, or Bridge Bay) & dry camp, using your generator at the designated times, as those campgrounds all have fire rings & picnic tables.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 15:50
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

However, if you are in a rental RV be aware that you will be charged extra for every hour you run the generator. Perhaps you could do a picnic with smores at a grill/fire ring somewhere?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

We do own our RV, so no worries on generator usage, but we are a large rig. 30 feet of trailer and 22 feet of truck so getting in to the other campgrounds often presents us with challenges. We definitely lose the "camping" experience with the larger rig.

I was just wondering if perhaps there was a universal group campfire somewhere nearby or something along those lines (like at Disney), or if the ranger programs had campfires to roast up some smores, but it is okay. We can always roast them on the gas grill or the stove if we really had to.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

The campground amphitheaters do have a campfire ring. Most of the time the rangers will light it for their ranger presentation, but not always. You could check with them there. Bridge Bay is your closest campground.

Fishing Bridge visitor center across the road from Fishing Bridge store also does evening ranger talks at their amphitheater; however, I've never gone as I am always in my campground at dark.

We have roasted marshmallows over our own small charcoal grills!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

Awesome! We do plan to go to Bridge Bay one evening (I think) for the awesome children's program there. Thank you so much.

Edit...yes, Bridge Bay..."Family Program

(June 1 to August 9)

Program especially for families with young children. Inquire at Fishing

Bridge Visitor Information Center or look on local bulletin boards for the

night’s subject. Meet at

Bridge Bay Campground Amphitheater.

30 minutes

6PM

Edited: 05 May 2014, 01:19
6. Re: Colter Bay RV Park=No smores making?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16