We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

42 Mile loop and Hiking

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
42 Mile loop and Hiking

Hi all! I will be in The Grand Teton Park later this month and have seen people talking about the 42 mile loop, but they never say what roads it is. Also I'm flying solo and worried about hiking alone. Should I be worried about bears and mountain lions?

1. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 July 2016, 22:52
Edited: 09 July 2016, 22:52
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

It will just be day hiking. Im glad to hear that Mountain Lions are rare! I bought a book that give information about hikes and Im trying to find the best scenic areas.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Hey, Mark, I will also be solo in the Park in late July. There are several Ranger hikes that are offered. I am going to try to work in one of those. Here is the page site

:http://www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/ranger-programs.htm

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

https://www.tripadvisor.com/PostReply-g14302…

This is the correct page.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Trip Advisor is posting a different link than what I am posting.

Go to the NPS site. Click things to do on the left and then click Ranger programs.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Thank you for the info Roy and Ystoner!

I will check out the NPS site!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Mountain lion are more commonly seen in the Jackson area.

jhnewsandguide.com/news/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Thanks TetonBill! I kinda laugh because I the Jackson area is the first place Im headed when I get to Wyoming! Im guessing Jackson area is the best place to stay? Im going to spend about 4 days in The GT and then move on up to Yellowstone. Is the GT and Yellowstone real busy at the last week of May?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

The last week of May is slow in the parks compared to the summer. With luck, you'll have good weather (always a crapshoot the end of May) and few crowds.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 42 Mile loop and Hiking

Thanks again TetonBill and I will keep my fingers crossed on the weather! Rain or shine, Im going to use every minute trying to do something!