We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ramsey cascades trail

ky.boy
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Topic
ramsey cascades trail

We were just wondering at a steady pace about how long would it take to hike to the cascades and back down?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ramsey cascades trail

My family is going on this trail on our camping trip and everywhere i've looked says around four hours.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ramsey cascades trail

That depends what your steady pace is, though four seems like a good rough estimate. A good rule of thumb for those who don't know their speed is "length of trail (in miles)/2 = hours needed". It's good to measure how fast you go when hiking so you can predict how long other trails will take you in the future.

Ramsey is a great hike, enjoy. Be sure not just walk by the giant poplar about a quarter to halfway up; that thing is worth some time being gazed upon. I'm not sure if it's a champion tree, but it sure is big.

Kristian

3. Re: ramsey cascades trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...