We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road to nowhere

ky.boy
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Topic
road to nowhere

Irealize this is a stretch to put this in this forum but i sometimes have trouble getting replys otherwise.My question is after crossing the mountain and coming in on highway 19, do i turn on everette st. and follow it to fontana road and on into the park? Is fontana road the road to nowhere and is it worth the drive? thx much

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road to nowhere

You're correct. Everette Street quickly changes into Fontana Road. Follow that and you'll soon end up on the Road To Nowhere.

It dead-ends just short of a spooky old tunnel. Take a flashlight if you want to walk thru it. But other than that and being an access point to a few hiking trails, is is worth it?... I'd say no, unless you simply want to be able to say "Been there, done that."

Time better spent would be to go up into the nearby Deep Creek area, do a short waterfall hike or two, and have a nice picnic.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road to nowhere

I agree if you are able to hike, but if you are already there you mise well see the view!

The road name for the road to nowhere is Lakeview Drive.

I was surprised there were no signs until there and I asked people in town and they kept saying do you mean Lake View Dr. I kept saying I do not know all I have herd is the road to no where. (The Indian guy (not native indian) at the gas station had no idea what I was talking about!)

3. Re: road to nowhere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 20:18