We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Association Membership

St. Joseph, Michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Association Membership

Where can I buy a Smoky Mountain Association Membership other than over the internet? Are they available at any of the visitor centers? I will be down next weekend and would like to join the membership, any help would be great.

Rusty

St. Joseph, Michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Association Membership

Anybody Have An Answer? PLEEEASE

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Association Membership

I am not sure because I bought mine over the internet. There should be an 800 # on the NPS site to call and ask if you can purchase them at the visitors center.

St. Joseph, Michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Association Membership

Ok, I'll check on that... Thankyou.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Association Membership

If I am thinking of the right membership, you can buy it at any of the visitor centers, including the one in Townsend. They will also give you a pretty nifty water bottle if you purchase it there. The membership I am thinking of was $50??

St. Joseph, Michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Association Membership

If I can buy it in Townsend that would be great because I am staying in Townsend. Matter of fact you are the one who told me about Top of Townsend Cabins. I'll be staying in White Pines Cabin. Hope you had a great trip down Librarychick. Thanks for the heads up.

Rusty

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Association Membership

I know for sure that they sell memberships at the Oconaluftee Visitor Center in the park, so I am guessing you can also purchase one at Sugarlands and Cades Cove Visitor Centers.

I have been a member for a year now, and it is well worth it!

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Association Membership

Cabinlvr-

There are 2 Visitor Center type places in Townsend - one is the official park VC, one is not.

This is the one you are looking for: http://tinyurl.com/townsendvc

The other place is called the Smoky Mountain Heritage Center. They have a small store and museum and also sell memberships - but this is NOT the Great Smoky Mountains Association membership.

I always got those 2 places confused, so I didn't want you to go in and buy the wrong thing.

St. Joseph, Michigan
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Association Membership

Thankyou firefighterzgrl,

I was actually in there last summer and didn't think to buy into it. Thankyou very much.

Rusty

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Association Membership

I know that Sugarlands sells them because I just bought one myself about a month ago.

Cindy

10. Re: Buying Association Membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 23:16