We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are flowers blooming yet?

mississippi
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Are flowers blooming yet?

My family and I are leaving in 10 days to go to GSMP. Has anyone been recently that can tell me if the flowers are blooming yet? Thanks so much!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

By the time you arrive the following should be blooming: Silverbell and Cucumber Trees. Blooming Wildflowers: Fringed Phacelia, White Trillium, Fire Pink, Wild Geraniums, Wake Robin, Columbine, Showy Orchis, Pink Lady's Slipper, and Crested Dwarf Iris.

Mid-month of April: Spring woodland wildflowers reach their peak. And flowering Dogwoods reach their peak. I will be there the last week of April/1st week of May. Hoping that there are still some blooms on the Dogwoods.

mississippi
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

thank you so much! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

Same to you. Be sure to post a trip report and let us know how the flowers look.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

Some of the redbud trees might be blooming. They are so pretty.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

oh yeah. I can't believe I forgot about the redbuds. One of my favorites.

mississippi
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

Oh I can't wait. My in-laws are coming with us and have never been. So it will be special. Thank you and I will definitely post some pics.

nashville
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

this weekend and last i've read a lot of trip reports saying "spring flowers aren't here... but almost". i'm guessing the next few weeks should be a great time to be in the park.

8. Re: Are flowers blooming yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 19:19