We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountian Museum

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Mountian Museum

One of omy favourite places in the park is hte moutnain museum. Does anyone else like to go here?

Heres a review

…blogspot.com/2009/…mountain-farm-museum.html

I love it there. I think it really helps you learn what life was back them on a small cramped farm in teh mountains.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountian Museum

I think the mountain museum will be a nice last stop on our way out of the area (after 5 nights). It may be a "hard sell" with the teenagers, after seeing other historic buildings at Cades cove, Elkmont, and Roaring Fork, but the animals should draw them in. I'm having a hard time finding the farms opening time in the morning. Saw that Mingus mill opens at 9:00, figuring museum is same time? Those blogs are really visually beautiful.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountian Museum

The farm is probably open the same times as the Visitor Center:

Oconaluftee Visitor Center:

Open every day except Christmas Day

January - April = 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

May = 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

June - August = 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

September - October = 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

November - December = 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Bob

3. Re: Mountian Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...