We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mouse creek falls trail

ky.boy
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Topic
mouse creek falls trail

Can someone tell me about how long it takes to drive from gatlinburg out 321 to 32 to get to the mouse creek falls trail head.

thx ahead of time,junktruck

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mouse creek falls trail

I estimate that it's just about an hour's drive if you take Foothills Parkway. I've heard bad things about Highway 32 between Cosby and Big Creek; that might take significantly longer, but I don't know. The unpaved road into Big Creek isn't the best, but is short.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mouse creek falls trail

We avoided 32 by taking the Foothills Parkway to

I-40, and exiting at #451.

If you chose to go this way, here are the rest of the directions:

Exit 451

Right on Tobes Creek Rd for .2 mi

Left on Waterville Road

Follow Waterville 2 miles to National Park Road

You will pass the dam on Waterville Rd and the Big Creek Ranger Station on National Pk. Rd.

The trail head is located at the Big Creek Campground.

leftcoast
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mouse creek falls trail

You have to take that stretch of 32 between Cosby and Big Creek really slow on account of all the curves. Southbound would be better if you're nervous about it. Beautiful route though. The unpaved portion is not a problem at all.

4. Re: mouse creek falls trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 06:19