We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week ??

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Topic
Next week ??

I may have a chance for last minute travel to Smoky, in Canada kids are not yet in school, are kids back next week in USA? Are crowds slightly lessened? I wanted to go in late September but this may work, especially if crowds are down, looking to Wednesday to Labor Day Monday?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week ??

In the part of Tennessee where I live (Paris) kids have been back in school since early last week. School openings vary from county to county. I would imagine the crowds will be less in September, then starting to increase with each successive week about the middle of October. At this time, the weekends are much more congested

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Level Contributor
344 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week ??

Across Tennessee schools are open. However, Labor Day will be crowded since that Monday is a school holiday in many cases.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week ??

September is still in peak season, but is less crowded than the summer months or October weekends. However, Labor Day will be packed.

You can avoid the crowds by visiting off the beaten path (but still extremely worthwhile!) areas of the park like Cataloochee in North Carolina.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next week ??

We had a great time but the long weekend was busy.Pigeon Forge was a zoo with cars and people, but we got away early and avoided some crowds. Thanks for all your help, for last minute it worked.

5. Re: Next week ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 05:17