We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRails we did

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
1,189 reviews
Save Topic
TRails we did

Boogerman Trail near Catalooche

Nice trail, especially the Booger loop, the Fork trail part is a bit chewed up by the horses. Lots of bridges.

Waterfalls near Deep Creek

Lots of choice of trails, we did a whole day here, exploring off the usual loop on some of the trails. Great views.

Clingmans Dome

Good views. I wished I'd done Andrews Bald as well.

Chimney Tops

Long trail but well kept. I didn't make it to the top, but a good hike. Last 50 yards prety steep and open.

Laurel Falls

Nice little hike at the end of the day, beatiful Falls

Abrams Falls Trails

Great trail, although crowded. Good as a lunch spot. I personally didn't like Cades Cove, I appreciate the history but I'd like it better if most of it was allowed to return to forest. Just me.

Alum Cave Trails to LeConte

START early, take water although water is available at the lodge. Great views, lots of fun.

Ramsey Cascades Trail

Near Greenbrier, great trail but very steep second half, so take water and it takes some time. Needs proper footwear ( we saw lots of people in loose sandals entering late in the day.

Chasteen Creek

Good trail.

Anyone who wants any help message me, we stayed in Cherokee/Pigeon Forge/ and the Cherokee again.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRails we did

Great list of hikes! And you blanketed the park pretty well. I'm envious of you being able to do all that in a, what, 6-day trip. Thanks for the report!

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Level Contributor
345 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TRails we did

Glad you had a nice trip. Come back soon. Cades Cove has been somewhat open country since the time of its occupancy by the Cherokee.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TRails we did

you sure did cover some great trails on your trip...alum cave to mt leconte and ramsey cascades are two of my favorites

4. Re: TRails we did

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...