We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Info...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Park Info...

I'm looking for a website that has a bookstore on it that sells books about the Great Smokies National Park. As I remember it, sale from this particular site benefited the National Park. I thought it was "Friends of the Smokies" but they don't carry books. Can anyone give me the URL. Thanks.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Info...

http://www.smokiesstore.org/index.htm

I think this is the one you are looking for.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Info...

That's it! Thanks SO much for your help!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Info...

Hi vanclan,

You also may want to consider becoming a member of the GSMA. To me, the 15% discount, Smokies Guide newspaper, Bearpaw newsletter, and Smokies Life magazine are much worth it. (Besides helping the Park.) www.smokiesstore.org/browse.cfm/2,59.html

Plus, when you vacation to Smokies area you can receive discounts from many local businesses. thegreatsmokymountains.org/business-specials…

http://thegreatsmokymountains.org

Sorry for the "commercial". LOL! I'm just a happy member, like many posters here on TA.

Bob

Edited: 02 January 2010, 22:49
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Info...

I've actually been considering it....and hearing from a member who feels it is worth it means a lot. I look at it this way...any other park, I'd spend probably as much or more than the membership fee on entrance fees and think nothing of it. So, your input has really helped me make that decision. We are planning our first trip to the Smokies in April....and I'm hoping we'll be back for several more trips too.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Info...

Just to add, we joined the association a few years ago and have never regretted the decision.

We really enjoy the publications sent. They point out the progress that is made through donations, and keep us informed on the subject of park activities and events so we can plan our travel accordingly.

That discount is a wonderful incentive since we make purchases at the visitor centers.

When driving and hiking in the park, it's reassuring to know that so many are doing so much to preserve and improve things,..and it's a blessing to be a small part of it all.

Edited: 03 January 2010, 19:10
6. Re: Park Info...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...