We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

Legacy Resort - they aren't too goo. Does anyone have any experience with the Star Gazer Cabin at their resort?

Or

Cherokee Mountain Cabins - In Nantahala, NC - looking at the Cherokee Lodge or Hideaway Cabin. Is Nantahala to far?

nashville
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

I've never stayed in the town of Nantahala. you'll be about 25 miles from the Deep Creek entrance of the smokies and about 35 from the Newfound Gap Entrance, past Cherokee.

you'll be closer to Joyce Kilmer Memorial forest, which is an easy hike to see some of the best virgin forest/biggest trees in the eastern US. it's a beautiful area, for sure. lake Santeelah is nearby... one of the most picturesque mountain lakes i've found in the Appalachians.

if you're coming to see the Smokies, i recommend you try to find something closer so you're not driving the whole time.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

Coming to take in as much nature / wildflower / bird watching as possible but also want to just relax and rejuvinate our relationship in a nice romantic cabin away from it all.

We live pretty rural and we like to vacation that way too. Strange I know!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

We don't have much experience with mountain resort type cabins, so I can't help you out there. But if it's rest and relaxation you're after, just about ANY place in the GSMNP can fill the bill. Many times during the week (when its not too crowded,) my wife and I enjoy packing some sliced summer sausage, cheese, crackers and a thermos of coffee, then heading out for Cades Cove, then we pull off at one particular parking area. We then open up the back of our van and sit there, enjoying some fresh coffee and sausage and bask in the glory of all that nature has to offer in the Smokies.

Ray

4. Re: All set to book but then saw recent reviews of

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...