We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mingus Mill

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Mingus Mill

Anybody know if Mingus Mill will be open Sunday, the 14th. The website I looked at said they are open mid March through mid November, so just wondering when exactly they close. I've never stopped there but wanted to this trip.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mingus Mill

It should be open thru mid November and also will be open Thanksgiving weekend too.It's worth going to.I think you will enjoy it.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mingus Mill

Medtrans,

I have no idea if they are open but it is only a couple of minutes off 441 to it. It is a pretty neat old building.

John

Bladenboro, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mingus Mill

Medtrans,

If you go to Mingus Mills in the early morning or late afternoon look for the elk in the nearby fields. My husband and I saw several elk in the fields and some elk were crossing the road in this area. Have a good trip.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mingus Mill

When you are at Mingus Mill make sure and visit the old slave cemetary. It is located at the end of the parking lot ,on the trail on the right. Go up the hill and you will see it. These were the slaves that worked on the farm/homestead where the Oconaluftee visiter center is.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mingus Mill

Thanks for the tips. I'll look for the elk and the cemetary.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mingus Mill

It's really hard to tell if Mingus Mill will be open then. We were there the first week in November last year, and it was closed. I never found out why, it was too warm for snow.

Ray

7. Re: Mingus Mill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...