We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clingman's Dome

Byron, Georgia
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Clingman's Dome

Do you think a 5 and 6 year old would be able to walk up to Clingman's Dome? They have climbed Stone Mountain in Atlanta, but I dont think it is as steep as Clingman's.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clingman's Dome

My DGS did when he was only 4, that is the first time we brought him to the area. He wanted to hike fast, but we made him slow down so we could keep up. Bring a jacket, it gets chilly at the top.

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Level Contributor
345 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clingman's Dome

Hundreds of people of all ages walk the paved path every day. 'The kids will beat you to the top!

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clingman's Dome

yep...my kids did this when they were 4 or so, in fact my now 10 year old son, hiked up Mt. LeConte on 3 day backpack trip via Alum Cave when he was just 5. He hiked Chimney Tops at the ripe old age of 4! So, Clingman's Dome should be a breeze...try heading out to Andrews Bald right off the parking lot..my kids love this ridgetop hike...

4. Re: Clingman's Dome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:15