We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scenic river tour for 3 year old

new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
scenic river tour for 3 year old

Anyone know of a company that does scenic river tours for younger kids Not whitewater rafting, but something simplier.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
630 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

It may be that Tennessee law requires children to be age four before they can be on a "vessel" on the waters of the state. That is the age that I have always been advised is required by all commercial companies operating on the rivers of Tennessee that are level 1 to level 5 whitewater.

Chattanooga and sometimes Knoxville have riverboat excursions on the Tennessee RIver. These include the "Duck" tours and the Riverboats. Unsure of any Jet-boat options. Not aware of any age requirements on these.

If such a boat ride exists, then it will likely be with a commercial whitewater company on a level 1 to level 2 river. Thus I recommend that you contact various whitewater river outfitters.

new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

Thanks. I am looking.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
630 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

For purposes of clarification, the Ocoee River, Tennessee's most noted whitewater river and site of the 1996 Olympic Whitewater Events, requires that rafters be age 12 to raft the river.

We started our kids on the Hiwassee River, a level 1 to 2 whitewater river, at age 4, which was the min. age that they had to be.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 12:33
OK
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

http://www.smokymtnriverrat.com/index.html

This place mentions tubing and activities suitable for 2 years and older. You might check with them. I know nothing about them myself - just saw the link in another post.

Have fun.

nashville
Level Contributor
983 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

fontana marina has boat rentals... might be fun to cruise the lake

new york
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

Thanks.

7. Re: scenic river tour for 3 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:40