We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

Im trying to map this on Trip Tiks (aaa site) Is Blue Ridge Parkway a particular drive? I found it on Trip Tiks as Blueridge Parkway NC? Is that a town too? We will be driving out of Knoxville around 7am on a Wed towards Greenville...I read that Cades Cove is closed Wed mornings in July....so it has been recommended to drive to Cherokee NC, take the Blue Ridge Parkway to Ashville, then go to Greenville SC....Is the Blue Ridge Park Way a scenic drive and a town? Little confused on that. Thanks...forgive me for being clueless...but I dont have a clue!

nashville
Level Contributor
990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

the Blue Ridge Parkway is a scenic route through Virginia and North Carolina, ending in Cherokee, NC. There is also a Blue Ridge, NC and a Blue Ridge, GA. Neither are on the Parkway.

Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive that goes from the North Carolina entrance to GreatSmokyMtnsNationalPark, and follows the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains all the way to Front Royal Virginia....over 400 miles.

There are many overlooks and parks along the way, and towns with attractions and lodging.

It is not an expressway by any means, but a 2-lane parkway with a speed limit under 50 mph..

Very beautiful and highly reccinended.

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Level Contributor
344 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

Some facilities on the Blue Ridge Parkway are closed because of the government "sequester." Drove much of the Parkway in June.

4. Re: Knoxville - Greenville, drive...Cherokee-Blueridge ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...