We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road to Hana and Haleakala Sunrise - One after another.????

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Road to Hana and Haleakala Sunrise - One after another.????

Hi folks..

I am planning hawaii trip for my honeymoon.. Need recommendations for planning the Haleakala sunrise and road trip to Hana.. I do plan to visit these places on 2 consecutive days... the confusions is..

Should I plan for Haleakala sunrise first, stick around and relax.. stay in around National park and head out for road trip to Hana next day..?

Or plan a road trip to hana, stay in hana on that night and head out for Sunrise at Haleakala next day.. is there a direct route from Hana to haleakala or do i need to travel back on the same road to Paia and then go to Haleakala..

Highly appreciate the expert advice in advance..

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Road to Hana and Haleakala Sunrise - One after another.????

You are wise to split these up. I wouldn't want to try to do both in consecutive day's. Go to the summit of Haleakala soon after arrival then do your Hana journey a couple of days later. Save that National Park receipt!!

Spending a night in Hana would be wonderful if you can do it.

If trying to do the summit then go to Hana, you will have to add an extra 3 hrs. to your drive, you aren't partly there!!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Road to Hana and Haleakala Sunrise - One after another.????

Thank you guys.. highly appreciate the insight..!

13. Re: Road to Hana and Haleakala Sunrise - One after another.????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16