We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter tour of Volcano

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter tour of Volcano

Hi,

We will be traveling in March and may want to take a helicopter tour over the volcano. Blue Hawaiian and Paradisecopters have been recommended. They are similar in price for our family of four. Does anyone have any recommendation of one over the other? Is this something we can book last minute or do we need to do this in advance?

Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter tour of Volcano

We have done several flights with Blue Hawaiian on three different islands. Love them. And, we've flown with them three times over Kilauea. Great choice!

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter tour of Volcano

Thanks! Do we need to book this in advance? We will be taking a private tour with VolcanoDiscovery Hawai`i and if the lava is accessible then, we hopefully will see it that way. If not, we will want to do a helicopter tour to see it. I don't want to miss out by booking too late if the lava isn't flowing in an accessible location when we are there...

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,616 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter tour of Volcano

I would also recommend Blue Hawaiian based on our tours with them on Maui and Kauai. I would book in advance, especially if you are there for a limited time and have a particular day in mind. If you decide to cancel, I believe you can do it up to 24 hours in advance without a financial penalty - but be sure to check their cancellation policy just to be sure.

I hope the lava flows are accessible for a hike in March - we did one with Volcano Discovery last April and it was the highlight of our trip! But a heli tour will be very special too - so either way, you'll have an awesome time!

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter tour of Volcano

Rad2: did you end up doing the helicopter flight? What did you think?

5. Re: Helicopter tour of Volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hawaii Volcanoes...