We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

EauClaire,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

We will be camping in Black Rock Campground. Sometimes we just prefer to have breakfast in a restaurant.Any suggestions in close proximity? Thanks.

Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
866 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

Joshua Tree town center is just about 8 miles from that campground. Crossroads is good for breakfast, Pie for the People awesome pizza... Here is a list of the restaurants that will be closest to you. You could even hang out at the saloon one evening and drive back to your campground if you were up to it.

Natural Sister (Good Health Food), 61695-B Twentynine Palms Hwy, JT, 760-366-3600

Crossroads Cafe & Tavern (homemade food) 61715 Twentynine Palms Hwy, JT, 760-366-5414

Park Rock Cafe (next to visitor center), 6554 Park Blvd, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, 760-366-8200

Joshua Tree Saloon (Food, bar, bands/karaoke, keno) 61835 Twentynine Palms Hwy, JT 760-366-2250

Pie for the People (Yummy Pizza), 61740 Twentynine Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 760-366-040

Royal SIAM Cuisine Thai, 61599 Twentynine Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, 760-366-2923

Sam's Indian Food (& adjacent closest LIQUOR STORE W/ GROCERIES)

61380 Twentynine Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, 760-366-9511

2. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:08
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

I like Pappy and Harriets, but its out at Pioneertown.

California
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

Well, I guess we are going to have to check out Pappy and Harriet's at Pioneertown, CA when we visit. Thing is, it sounds so funny (comical) to me having grown up there -- I have never been to Pioneertown. We'll have to visit when my high school band from the 60s are playing at Pappy's --* 007 and The Souls.* They're all a bunch of old guys now - haha!

Just looked at the band's website. Cracked me up -- yep, they are old!

Edited: 27 April 2014, 18:30
Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
866 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

Sushi may sound odd in the desert but there is the BEST sushi in Yucca Valley! Run by Asians, Kimi Grill (adjacent to Travel Lodge Inn - right on their property and just as you come over the hill from Morongo Valley)

54850 Twentynine Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley, CA 92284 (740) 369-1122

Not to be confused with Akari Sushi down the street (in the Stater Brothers Parking lot) which I would not recommend and my friends found it just "OK".

Pappy & Harriet's is good but for lunch your choices are dominantly chili or burgers with a token sandwich or salad and same with dinner although that has a few more grilled sandwiches and token salads. In my experience with locals and tourists, I think the biggest draw of Pappy & Harriet's is not the food - it's the atmosphere and the bands and bar scene at night.

You asked specifically about restaurants in Yucca Valley verses Joshua Tree - to drive from the very beginning of Yucca Valley, which is approximately Kimi Grill in Yucca Valley and to drive to, for example, Pie of the People pizza restaurant in Joshua Tree, is only about 8-9 miles. Yucca Valley to Pioneer Town is over 5-8 miles (depending on which part of town you are starting from) so, in my opinion, you'd be better off to go for the food you want rather than try to save a mile or two.

Joshua Tree...
Level Contributor
866 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

Oh I forgot that I have ordered baby backs at Pappy & Harriets (!!!) and they have steaks and fish and even quesadillas for lunch AND dinner so I apologize for my incorrect previous post which left off those tasty choices!

7. Re: Restaurant suggestion close to Black Rock Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:15