We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to park

Anchorage, Alaska
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to park

How do you get to Kenai Fjords Nat'l Park from Seward? I am planning our vacation and we will be in Seward for 2-3 days. I really want to go to Kenai Fjords Nat'l Park but how exactly do we get there? I see that we can drive from Seward to Exit Glacier but then what do you do from there? There are going to be 5 adults (rangingfrom 24-56) and a toddler (3.5 yrs) and a 6 month old baby. We are interested in a glacier/wildlife cruise but where do these start from? We don't want to spend too much money while there (spending a lot from renting an RV as it is).

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to park

The Kenai Fjord cruises depart from Seward.

Exit glacier is also part of the park. The rest of the park is accessed via foot or kayak.

www.nps.gov/kefj/planyourvisit/things2do.htm

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to park

I think of KF park as being , well, water:) So simply put, you access it by boat!

Luckily, Seward has a bunch of boats:)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to park

I thought a definition might be of help - knowing what fjord is really explains what the park is:

"Geologically, a fjord is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created by glacial erosion." And so the only real access is via water or air. :)

4. Re: how to get to park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Kenai Fjords National...