We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Lake Clark

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
171 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit Lake Clark

When is the best summer month to visit Lake Clark? If I have a choice between late June or mid August, which one will have nicer, clearer and sunnier weather?

5 replies to this topic
Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit Lake Clark

It is difficult to predict the weather but mid August will be approaching fall weather and mosquitoes may be a bit less thick. Late June will give you 24 hours of daylight. Where in Lake Clark will you be traveling?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit Lake Clark

And why are you going there? To fish . . . bear viewing? The purpose of your trip could make a difference especially since you can't really plan for or predict the weather.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
171 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit Lake Clark

I would say more bear viewing, hiking, and nature viewing stuff.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit Lake Clark

At Silver Salmon Creek Lodge in Lake Clark . . . if you want to see boars and mating, late June is best. You will not see females with cubs at that time however, If you want to see them, you need to go later in the summer (August/September).

Boone, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit Lake Clark

Early in June can still be a bit chilly and unpredictable. I think late July, early August is the best. The weather is mostly good (very unpredictable) the berries are coming in and the wildlife is a bit more active.

Reply to: Best time to visit Lake Clark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Clark National...
More Lake Clark National Park and Preserve Topics